From Texas Type a Mom
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 4 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 T. Pickled Diced Jalapeño Peppers
- 2 T. honey
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 c. shredded cabbage
- 2 mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 T. chopped red onion
- monteray jack cheese
- flour tortillas
- garnish: avocado, sour cream
- Mix oil, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño peppers, honey, garlic powder, and salt in small bowl with wire whisk. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade. Pour remaining marinade into large repealable bag. Add shrimp; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cabbage, mango, and onion in large bowl. Add reserved marinade; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour shrimp and marinade into frying pan, sauté.
- To serve, place shrimp on each tortilla with monteray jack cheese, fold tortilla, grill each side to melt cheese. Top with slaw and serve immediately.Yields: 6 servings.