- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (be sure they are gluten-free oats if you want the cookies to be gluten-free)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the oats and baking soda and mix on low speed until just combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 ounce cookie scoop, drop two-tablespoon sized portions of dough a few inches apart onto lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Slightly flatten the top of each scoop of dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.