- 2 and 1/3 cups (190g) quick oats* (not whole oats)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250g) homemade or your favorite almond butter*
- 1/4 cup (82g) pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup (60g) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Using a large rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. The dough will be sticky and thick.
Each cookie will be 3 Tablespoons of dough. Drop this amount onto prepared cookie sheet and slightly flatten the tops into desired thickness. The cookies will not spread in the oven.
Bake for 15 minutes until edges are very slightly brown. Don't bake any longer or the cookies will taste dry. Allow to cool on the cookie sheets completely. Cookies stay fresh at room temperature for 1 week. Cookies can be frozen up to 3 months.