- 9 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta)
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup halved yellow tear-drop cherry tomatoes (pear-shaped)
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 3/4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups loosely packed trimmed spinach
- 1 1/2 ounces shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 package bacon
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
Chop bacon, saute until crispy.
- Add pepper and garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Add tomatoes; cook 45 seconds or just until heated, stirring gently. Remove the skillet from heat; stir in lemon juice and salt. Combine the hot pasta, spinach, and warm tomato mixture in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Top with cheese.
Adapted from Cooking Light, introduced to us by Kelly at the cabin.