- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2/3 cup fine fresh breadcrumb
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted lightly and chopped fine
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses (see notes below) or 2 teaspoonsgrenadine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (2 T if you won't be chilling the dip before serving)
- toasted pita bread, triangles as an accompaniment
In a food processor blend together the peppers, the bread crumbs, the walnuts, the garlic, the lemon juice, the pomegranate molasses, the cumin, the red pepper flakes, and salt to taste until the mixture is smooth and with the motor running add the oil gradually.
- Transfer the muhammara to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until it thickens.
- Serve at room temperature with the pita triangles.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/muhammara-138072#ixzz1XSu7V8LD