Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce

 - Art Smith
Remoulade Sauce:
1 c mayonnaise
3 T grainy mustard
3 T sour cream
1 T seeded and finely chopped red pepper
1 T peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
1 T minced capers
1 T chopped fresh parsley
1/4 t Chalula hot sauce
freshly ground black pepper
Crab Cakes:
1 T  olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
Saute together.
Combine sauteed vegetables with:
1/2 c mayonnaise
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1 T dijon mustard
1 T herbes de provence
1 egg
1 pound crab meat
1/4 c bread crumbs
Form cakes and dredge in 3/4 c bread crumbs.
Fry in olive oil to brown outside, then transfer to oven.
Bake 10 minutes at 375.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Fathers Day! (Chloe would like me to try to dredge the crab cakes in a parmesan/bread crumb mixture.)

FOOD4U said...

Love, love, love this recipe. I've made them for years using the bake ony method. My daughter discovered the fry then bake method and the crab cakes hold together perfectly. 10 Stars

FOOD4U said...

The best crab cakes on the planet. I never use green peppers;they are overpowering. I like the original baking method;however, my Daughter just fries the crab cakes in a little olive oil. I stopped trying to turn them over because they tend to fall apart. We cut the sauce recipe in half so there won't be leftover sauce; however, my son uses the sauce on everything!

Post a Comment